There are steps that can help you in fixing the problems that your computer or printer faces. For example, if your printer is not responding to any error, then you can fix this issue by yourself also. Following are the steps that you need to follow if you want to fix the problem of your printer that is not responding to errors.
Steps involved in troubleshooting printers that are not responding to errors
- The first thing that you need to do is to troubleshoot your printer. For this, you will have to check all your plugs that are connected to your system.
- The next step that you need to do is of checking your connection with the network. You have to know that you are connected to a wired or a wireless network. Try to restart your system again, that you are using for this process.
- After this, turn on your system and then run troubleshoot for the printer on it. Those who have windows 10 installed in their system, they need to click on the printer button first and then should run the troubleshooter.
- Once you have finished doing the previous step, you need to search for the RUN option again. In the space provided, write services.MSC and press the enter button.
- After that, you need to scroll down till the end and will have to find the spooler option. After clicking on it, you will be able to see its status. You have to see, whether it is running or not. If you find that it is running, then you will have to turn it off. After a few seconds, turn it on again.
- This was the final step of this first and most commonly used method. Once you have finished doing that, you need to connect your device, that is your printer to your system again and you have to see whether it is working or not.
If you find that the method that is discussed here is not working for fixing this error, then you can follow the steps written below. This is an alternative method for fixing the same problem.
- For this second method, you will first need to configure your port. After that, you need to search for the RUN option in your windows and then have to type control there, in the space provided.
- After the options appear on your computer screen, you need to search for the device and printer option in that. When you will select this option, you will see that there are lots of options in front of you. You need to select the printer option from that list.
- For selecting that printer option, you need to right click on that and then have to select properties from all the options that appear in front of you.
- After that select the port option and check whether it is configured to USB or not. This is the final and a major step of this process. You just have to reinstall your printer driver again on your system and then you are done.
If both these methods do not work for you, then there must be any technical problem with your printer. For the fixation of any technical problem, you will have to call the service center.