Printers could be used by connecting directly to the computer system. If you wish to give the facility of the printer to multiple computer users, then you can share the same printer with them. This could be done by you easily; you just have to follow a few easy steps. Here are the steps that you will have to follow if you want to share a USB printer from your computer.
Things you should do for sharing a USB printer from your computer
- Open the control panel option and search for enable share option. Before this step, ensure that you have already the printer driver installed on your computer.
- The first thing that you need to do for completion of this step is that you have to enable the share printer option. For that you need to follow these steps written below:
- Search for the checkbox option in your computer system.
- Once you find this option, you need to enable the share printer option.
- If you find that this already enabled, then you should move ahead.
- After the completion of the first step, you need to move ahead and will have to select the name of the printer that you want to share. For that, follow the steps written below:
- Enter a name of your choice for your printer. This should be a different and unique name.
- The reason for which you require to give your printer a unique name is that this will help the other users to find your device easily.
- Make sure that the name that you are giving to your printer doe not contain more than 8 characters.
- The step that you need to follow next is for those systems that are low in their functionality. If you find such a system, you will have to install other drivers for the completion of the whole process. This step is necessary, as it saves the time that you involve in downloading and installing the drivers separately on different computer systems.
- The final step that you need to do for the completion of this whole thing is that you need to configure these settings on the other computer also. Follow the steps given below:
- The basic thing that you need to do is to repeat all the previous steps that you have done on the first computer.
- The First thing that you to do is to add the printer and search for the network printers. This search will help you in searching the network printers.
- If you are not able to find a printer then you can go and select “printer that I want” from the list. Search for the printers and computers, afterward.
- After this, you will have to click on the plus sign and then have to find the computer that is connected to the USB printer.
These methods are all that can help you in sharing your USB printer with other computers.