The malfunctioning of a printer could be a headache at times. We are so dependent on this device that most of our important works are done by it only. Now, the question is, if your printer has stopped working at a certain point then what are the things that you can do for fixing the problem. We can obviously call the customer care or service center and they can send somebody to fix it, but do we have that much of time. Here are a few steps that can help you in fixing the offline error in your HP printer.
Things to do for fixing offline errors in an HP printer
- First thing first, you need to reboot or restart your computer. Along with that, you have to make sure that the printer that you are trying to fix is connected to the computer correctly.
- Now that your printer is connected to your system properly, press the start button. Before that, you need to turn your system on. This time, start your system with the administrator right.
- Search for the control panel and there, search for printers and devices. There you will find the printer button. You have to right click on that.
- In the printer option, you will see that “see what’s printing” option is there. Once you select this option, you will see that a printer spooler window is opened. There, click on the printers option.
- After that, you will find the “user printer box” there. Search for this, select it and unmark. After the completion of this step, you will see that your printer is online again. Close these windows now and choose the printer and devices option again.
- You have to download the latest printer driver for fixing this problem completely. For downloading the latest printer, you need to search for it in your system’s browser. You are free to use any browser you want. Once your search is done and you have found the latest printer driver, download it.
- Wait for the driver to download. Install it after that and let it follow all the on-screen instructions.
- Click on the start button and then again go to the control panel. Search for troubleshooter and once it comes on the screen, click on the troubleshooter link.
- After the completion of this step, you will find that the section that is there on the screen contains a “use a printer” option. If you are facing a problem in finding this option, then search for it in the hardware and sound section.
- There will be a set of instruction given over there. You just have to follow them and you are done. The set of instructions given there is very easy to follow.
- If you are not able to fix the problem completely, even after these steps also, you can call the service center anytime.
The complex problems can also be fixed by following these simple steps. Next time, when you face this problem with your printer, try to follow these steps.