Before doing anything about the problem, you need to understand it first. The error 1203 in a Dell printer is a common cartridge error that could appear in any printer. So, following are the steps that you should follow to remove the error 1203 from your Dell printer
Steps to follow when you find error 1203 in your Dell printer
- Before doing anything else for fixing this problem, you have to remove all the cables away and even the wall outlet too. This should be done after turning off the printer.
- After you have done the first step leave the printer for about 30 or more seconds and allow it to cool down a little. After this step, connect the power cables and turn the printer on again. This is a very normal and obvious step. You must have done this thing even for fixing certain things in your computer or phone or basically every device of this type.
- Once the printer is connected again, check whether the error is occurring again or not. If you see that the error has occurred again, then it is ok. Proceed further, but if the error does not occur at all, then print a paper and check it.
- The page that you have printed will make sure whether the printer is having that error or not. Once you have detected that error, remove the cables and turn off the printer again. After this, open the printer from the top. When you will open the printer from the top, you will see the cartridge carrier there. You just have to shift the cartridge into the center.
- When you will shift the cartridge carrier in the center, it will be easy for you to take out all the cartridges out from the printer. So, taking out all the cartridges is the next step. After completion of this step, you need to close the upper part of the printer again and then turn on the printer.
- Check whether the error is occurring again or not. If you cannot find the error, turn the printer off again. Along with that remove all the power cables too. Open the top of the printer again and place the cartridge carrier in the center.
- After you have placed the cartridges carrier back in the center of the printer, place all the ink cartridges properly. Once that is done, close the lid of the printer. Reinsert the power cables and turn the printer on again.
- If the error is still there in the printer, clean and the cartridge contact center and the error will be removed for sure.
- If you are still having a problem in fixing this issue, then you can call the Dell printer technical support office anytime. They have a toll free number for it.
With these steps, you can fix the error 1203 from your Dell printer and if you are not able to do then service center is always open for you.